Testosterone is an androgen. An androgen is a hormone present in both sexes. Although an androgen in nature, testosterone is found in abundance only in males, fewer comparatively in females. It is a vital hormone for the development of your reproductive organs during and after puberty. In addition to that, testosterone also helps with muscle pain, muscle repairing, improving strength, and many other factors as well. The deficiency of testosterone in your body will lead to a condition called hypogonadism. Hypogonadism is also known as Low T.
Hypogonadism and its effect:
The deficiency of testosterone leads to a medical condition known by the name Hypogonadism. Due to low levels of testosterone, you might experience the following symptoms:
- Lowering your sperm count.
- Loss of muscle.
- Reduction in your strength.
- Reduced sex drive.
- Sexual dysfunctions.
- Lower stamina.
- Delay in puberty.
- Erectile dysfunction.
To overcome the condition of hypogonadism, you have a number of options available in the market. These alternatives include surgeries, supplements, natural diet change, and other methods. Among these methods, testosterone replacement therapy is the most popular one. Thousands of people are opting for testosterone replacement therapy.
In testosterone replacement therapy, you intake testosterone cypionate by injecting it in your system with the help of syringes. Testosterone cypionate is available under brand names and also under generic names. The ones under generic names being the more feasible option as they are cheaper. The testosterone cypionate belongs to the class of drugs called androgen.
Side effects of Testosterone cypionate:
Although one injects testosterone cypionate to increase the levels of testosterone in your body, it might lead to a number of side effects that you experience. These side effects are:
- You might experience breakouts and acne while on these drugs.
- Excess hair growth.
- You will experience frequent erections randomly.
- Mood swings are also frequent.
- A decrease in sperm count if used at high doses.
- Enlargement of the prostate gland.
Precautions before using testosterone cypionate:
As this medication is a drug, you need to pay heed to a number of precautions before you start using this injection. The precautions are:
- If you are suffering from any cardiovascular condition, avoid using this drug. It might increase the risk of heart attack and also stroke.
- If you are 65 years old or older, then you should test for prostate cancer or any prostate-related condition before using this drug.
- Do not use this drug if you are on antidepressants or antihistamines to avoid severe side effects.
- Discontinue the use of this drug two weeks prior in case you are scheduled for surgery.
- Be careful as you might be allergic or develop an allergic reaction to this drug. Symptoms include trouble in breathing or swelling of the tongue or throat.
- Not to be used if you are suffering from any kidney condition as this drug might worsen your condition.
- The same can be said if you are suffering from a liver condition. As using this drug can cause water and salt retention worsening your condition.
- This drug might increase the risk of developing blood clots in your lungs or veins in legs. Thus, do not use this drug if you are already suffering from blood clots.
Thus, testosterone cypionate is a drug used for boosting testosterone production in your body.