Testosterone is a major sex hormone found in males in abundance and comparatively fewer in females. Stable levels of testosterone keep you in a healthy state, whereas, an excessive or lesser amount of testosterone than the normal levels can cause hormonal imbalance in your system. With aging, a number of body functions are hindered and so is the production of testosterone in your body. Even so, there are certain food items that can help you boost your testosterone production naturally without putting you through negative side effects.
Components That Increase Testosterone Production:
- Boron: Boron is a mineral found in nature, both in edibles and the environment. It has a number of uses. This natural mineral can help you to increase the testosterone levels in your body. Not only that, but it also helps with building muscles, strengthening bones, improving cognitive skills and muscle coordination.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D can be obtained naturally by absorbing the sun rays at dawn. In addition to that, there are certain food items that are a good source of this vitamin. It is said to have an important role in the production of testosterone, as it is known to be a vital ingredient.
- Zinc: Just as vitamin D, Zinc is also one of the essential ingredients responsible for the production of testosterone. This mineral is found in nature naturally in soil and also in food items. Zinc levels can be increased in your body by consuming these food items in your regular diet.
- Vitamin B6: This vitamin is known for boosting the production of testosterone, rather than being a part of the process. It means that vitamin B6 acts as a catalyst rather than an ingredient for testosterone production.
- Iron: Same as vitamin B6, iron also is pretty famous for boosting testosterone production in your body. It is also a vital component of muscle repairing and muscle gain.
- Allicin: unlike the other components in this list, allicin affects the testosterone production in your body indirectly. Testosterone is produced in adrenal gland where the hormone cortisol is also produced. Allicin basically helps to suppress the production of cortisol. This results in higher production of testosterone.
Foods That Increase Testosterone:
There are a lot of food options available in the market that will provide you with items that will boost the production of the component that your body lacks for producing good levels of testosterone. To achieve high level of testosterone, you need to be aware of the component that your body lacks for producing an adequate amount of testosterone. After knowing that, you can add the concerned food item in your diet routine and boost your testosterone levels in your body.
- For vegetarians: There are a number of options for vegetarians as food to get better testosterone levels. Among those, honey is a good option. As honey contains boron that is helpful to increase the T-levels. Like honey, garlic provides the compound allicin, almonds provide zinc, spinach provide magnesium, Vit B6 and iron, oats give Vit B, lemons lower cortisol levels and many other options that help in increasing the production of testosterone.
- For non-vegetarians: Like so many vegetarian options, we also have a number of alternatives for non-vegetarians. You can consume tuna, salmon, beef, oysters, shellfishes, and others that help in boosting your T-levels.
The above-mentioned food items will help you to increase testosterone levels in your body. Thus, relieving you of hypogonadism and all of its negative effects.