Don’t Know How To Inject Testosterone?
Are you suffering from low testosterone levels? There are many ways that might help you to increase your testosterone levels. You can do this by consuming certain medications or by injecting testosterone as well. Given below are some of the summarized benefits of high testosterone levels.
- Increases muscle mass
- Decreases body fat
- Strengthens your heart
- Increases libido and improves erection
- Decreases chance of Alzheimer’s disease
Continue reading the article given below to know, how to inject testosterone in a proper manner.
What Is Testosterone?
Testosterone is a male sex hormone that is produced in the testicles in men and in the ovaries in the women. The amount of testosterone in men is more than that of women. Some of the testosterone is also produced in the adrenal glands. Testosterone belongs to a class of male hormones which are known as the androgens.
The production of testosterone is controlled by the brain’s hypothalamus and pituitary gland. The pituitary gland receives the message from brains hypothalamus regarding the amount of testosterone required to produce. The message is further passed on from the pituitary gland to testes where testosterone is produced.
How To Inject Testosterone?
Supplemental testosterone therapy helps you to treat andropause in males and breast cancer in females. It is also available in the form of an injection in the market. You can get an injection if you have the required prescription from a physician. Give are some steps that you can follow to inject testosterone.
- Step 1: Inject the injection as prescribed by your physician. Pay attention to the dosage and the frequency of the injection. If you take more than the prescribed dosage then it might lead to hormonal imbalance. You might also encounter various other negative side effects.
- Step 2: Make sure you wash and dry your hands before injecting it. Also, clean the top of the testosterone bottle with an alcohol wipe. Use it only after it is dried completely.
- Step 3: Afer doing this, you need to pull back the syringe to allow air into the syringe. Generally, doctors prescribe a dosage of about 25 to 50mg for 2-3 times a week. However, this differs according to treatment you are undergoing.
- Step 4: Then you need to insert the needle in the vial of testosterone. After inserting the needle press in the plunger on the syringe to let the air enter. Then lift the vial into the air so that the liquid settles in the top portion.
- Step 5: Allow the liquid testosterone to enter the syringe by drawing back on the plunger. Make sure that there are no bubbles in the top of the syringe. Also, press the plunger in order to let the air out of the syringe.
- Step 6: Inject the testosterone in the muscle where your doctor has told you to.
There are various ways that might help you to increase your testosterone levels. But you need to be careful regarding the dosage, whether that is medication or injection. You can also refer to the steps mentioned above to inject testosterone in a proper manner.