Is Your Diet Affecting Your Testosterone Levels?
Do you think that the food you eat is affecting your testosterone levels? Is this also affecting your sex drive? There are many food items that might drop your testosterone levels. Having high levels of testosterone will help you to experience a boost in your libido along with various other benefits.
Given below are some of the summarized benefits of high testosterone levels.
- Boosts libido
- Better Erections
- Decreases body fat
- Increases muscle mass
- Strengthens bones
Continue reading the article given below to know about the foods that might lower your testosterone levels.
What Is Testosterone?
Testosterone is the main sex hormone that is found in men. It is produced in the testes in men. Some amount of testosterone is also produced in the adrenal glands. Women also have testosterone but it is in very small quantities.
Testosterone is specifically associated with the sex drive. It also plays a vital role in sperm production and many other things as well. The levels of testosterone generally increase during puberty and decrease after the age of 30.
Foods That Lower Testosterone
There are many factors that are involved in maintaining high levels of testosterone. A healthy diet is one of those factors that might help you to maintain good levels of testosterone. Given below are certain food items that you can cut down from your diet or reduce their intake in order to avoid lower testosterone.
- Soy And Soy-Based Products: Consuming soy products on a daily basis might cause a drop in your testosterone levels. Soy foods are also high in phytoestrogens which might affect your testosterone levels.
- Mint: There are some health care experts who say that mint could cause a dip in testosterone levels. Spearmint and peppermint are two herbs that might have a direct impact on your testosterone levels.
- Licorice Root: This is an ingredient that is used to sweeten candies and beverages. It is also used in holistic medicine. Several studies show that consuming this ingredient might influence your hormone levels.
- Vegetable Oil: Vegetable oils like canola, soybean, etc are considered a healthy source of fatty acids. But there are some studies that show that polyunsaturated fats are associated with lower testosterone levels.
- Flaxseed: Flaxseed is a rich source of fiber and various other vitamins and minerals. But some of the health care experts suggest that consuming this excessively might cause a decrease in your testosterone levels.
Testosterone is a male sex hormone that plays a vital role in your health. It is very important to maintain healthy levels of testosterone for gaining muscle mass. Having high levels of testosterone will also help you to improve your sexual function and boost your strength.
While there are many factors associated with testosterone levels, food is one of those important factors. Food items like nuts, processed foods, etc might cause a drop in your testosterone levels. You must also reduce the intake of alcohol to maintain healthy levels of testosterone. Make sure you maintain a healthy diet to boost your testosterone levels.