Is Your Testosterone Getting Ruined By The Food You Eat?
Do you think that eating some food items are affecting your sex drive? Are some food items affecting your natural testosterone levels? However, it is not accurate to blame just a certain food group for low testosterone. You need to consider the entire health and wellness that is required to maintain a proper hormonal imbalance.
Given below are some of the summarized benefits of high testosterone levels.
- Improves sex drive
- Healthy heart and blood
- Helps to fight depression
- Increases libido
- Better quality of life
To know more about the food that can kill your testosterone, continue reading the article given below.
What Is Testosterone?
Testosterone is a steroid hormone that is produced in the testes in men. It is produced in the ovaries in women. Some amount of testosterone is also produced in the adrenal cortex. It is basically a male sex hormone and has a tendency to increase during puberty and decline as you age.
Testosterone affects the body by stimulating the growth of male reproductive organs and by producing red blood cells. Having low levels of testosterone might lead to infertility and problems in erections. It might also lead to erectile dysfunction, diminished libido, and various other problems.
Foods That Kill Testosterone
Consuming such food items might slow down the natural production of testosterone in your body. Given below are some of the food items that might kill testosterone.
- Soda: Drinking soda on a regular basis might reduce the production of testosterone in your body. Artificial sweeteners can affect your serotonin levels. This might lead to lower libido.
- Microwave Popcorn: Going to a movie date with your lady sounds fun, but having popcorn along is not good for your health. It might contain harmful chemicals like perfluorooctanoic acid. Consuming this might affect your sex drive. It can also cause prostate problems.
- Marijuana: There are many people who add this to their food, especially in baked goods. Consuming marijuana might decrease your testosterone levels, whether you eat it or smoke it.
- Shrimp: Pesticide like 4-hexylresorcinol is applied to shrimp. This is done to prevent it from discoloration. Consuming organic shrimps will not affect your health. But if you consume inorganic shrimps or any other seafood then it might decrease your testosterone levels.
- Alcohol: Having a glass of wine or cocktail is fine, but increasing the intake of alcohol might affect your libido. Having a lot of alcohol can also lead to erectile problems. Thus slow down when it comes to drinking to get a boost in your testosterone levels.
Testosterone is a male sex hormone that helps to improve your sex drive. Higher levels of testosterone also help you to fight against depression. It also helps you to get a better quality of life. You just need to be careful about the food items that are included in your diet. As consuming some of the food items might kill your testosterone level. Having a low level of testosterone in your body might lead to diminished libido and various other problems.